In no particular order, here’s what I most love about Stefanie and Zinovy, their love story, and their peeps:
- I’ll start out with purely selfish and work my way toward (sort of) altruistic . Stefanie is gorgeous. She’s my -heels-clicking-together-after-I-release-the-shutter kind of gorgeous. She’s my lens-is-sharper-and-faster-after-photographing-her kind of gorgeous.
- Gedney Farms is extraordinary. It’s peopled by some of the sweetest humans I’ve had the pleasure of working with and just when I think it can’t get more charming and wonderful, I learn that it serves pretty much exclusively local, organic, sustainable, family farmed foods. This is wildly significant to me because I firmly believe that this way of eating is one of the very pillars of the new reality for humanity. But don’t get me started.
- Stefanie, Zinovy and their clan were in it to have a good time. No worries were wasted on trite matters. They kept it fun and and “all good” as we say in the streets. This is what I’m trying to tell people- if it ain’t a bonafide big deal, it ain’t worf (yes, “worf”) frettin’ ’bout on your wedding day. Delegate that bidness. Don’t get me started.
- Stefanie’s dad looks like Anthony Hopkins. I’m just saying. Didn’t have the guts to bring it up on the big day, but let’s all be honest with ourselves and get real. Let’s ask ourselves: “Have the lambs stopped crying, Clarice?” His name is Gerard, and he’s French, so I’m pretty sure it’s not actually Anthony, but you understand why I’d have been remiss not to have brought that up, right?
- Zinovy’s mom is sweet and tiny. No special minification or beautification effects were used on her photos.
- On asking their cooler-than-any-one-Rabbi-ought-to-be Rabbi why knocked his warm, authentic, insightful, intimate ceremony knocked the socks off my soul (soul socks), he recommended one of my very favorite books of all time: “The Way of The Superior Man” by David Deida, which, for the record, I’ve long (and publicly) contended should be required reading for any man who intends on being in a relationship, ever.
Stef and Z, thank you. Thank you for inviting me into your lives to contribute in such a special way. Fist bump.
To gain access to all the photos from their wedding and to order prints, sign the guestbook below and I’ll send you the information you need to log into their gallery. Thanks!